IA Reads

Friday, August 26, 2011

New Teacher Orientation

A few days before we started school on August 16, we held a new teacher orientation to welcome new teachers to our staff. It's usually a 4-5 hour day that ends up being information overload. There is so much information to convey in terms of IB Philosophy, IA curriculum, policies & procedures, not to mention the technology. We have about 1-2 hours to introduce Zangle, Moodle, Gale Databases, Destiny Quest, the IA Amazon Store, Discovery Education, Atomic Learning, EasyBib and Turnitin.com. So, I know that this is a lot of information to absorb...I make handy-dandy folders.

While there are a lot of accounts being set up and navigating the new software, I hope that the biggest take away of the day is that we integrate technology into all aspects of our curriculum. Integrating technology is my speciality and I look forward to working with our new teachers!

No comments: