IA Reads

Friday, August 26, 2011

Open House 2011



Last night was our New Parent Orientation from 6pm -7pm and then we had Open House from 7pm - 9pm.

We welcomed the new parents and tried to answer all their questions. I gave them the run down of joining the parent list-serv, logging onto Zangle and using the IA Amazon store. I also gave a brief introduction to the library with some vital stats and how to access our resources.

As Open House started, we welcomed our returning parents and I started directing traffic. Parents follow their son/daughters schedule for the day. They visited 8 classes in just under 2 hours. It seemed like a pretty good showing. I don't have actual numbers, but the hallways were crowded and I answered a lot of questions. Hopefully we will get more traffic in the library during Parent-Teacher conferences. I am planning our FIRST EVER IA Book Fair! I hope to see a lot of book shoppers :)

No comments: