IA Reads

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Discovering the Benefits of Belonging to a Professional Organization


Discovering the Benefits of Belonging to a Professional Organization

by Klaudia Janek
I have been reflecting on my experience at ALA Midwinter last month and some of the larger issues we, as school librarians, have to consider. First, I should explain a bit about how I got to this point. I have always been involved in our state (MI) school library association and taken on leadership roles at local levels. I hesitated a bit in getting involved at the state level because of the work I love doing with the International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO). There is a large network of IB Librarians all around the world and I enjoy the sense of community I get from knowing we are all doing the same thing....
Click here for the rest of my blog entry (Thanks!)
https://www.follettcommunity.com/p/bl/et/blogid=1&blogaid=379

No comments: